29 January 2011

Blueberry muffins take 2

After the epic failure that was my attempt at making Hummingbird's blueberry muffins (and their quick response via Twitter offering me help which didn't really help..) I tried a different recipe this orning.  Its from the BBC Good Food site http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1572/banana-and-blueberry-muffins-.



They look so much better than my last try!  The recipe is very light, theres non butter, it uses buttermilk and oil instead and 2 egg whites so the mixture was very fluffy and airy when I put it into the cases.  They've risen very nicely and having already eaten one they taste very nice!

They're not too sweet which is good for breakfast but are a little heavy, but this is thanks to the banana.  I'll definitely make these again.

No comments:

Post a Comment