17 January 2011

Cheese straws

My friends going travelling and I went to say goodbye to her tonight so I took her some cheese straws because she's always asking me to make some for her and she loves cheese!

First time I've made them, and the first time I've made puff pastry so a well thought through choice all round - according to the recipe I followed for the pastry, it never works out the first time....pretty sure mine worked out fine despite me not reading the instructions properly, tipping it all in together then panicking and deconstructing what I'd already made.....

I also used chedder cheese not parmesan and chilli powder not flakes and was potentially a little too liberal with the chilli but they tasted really really good and went down a treat with Vicky and her mum!!

No comments:

Post a Comment