13 February 2011

Birthday cupcakes

Two friends from my course had a joint birthday party-thing this weekend so I (obviously) made some cupcakes to take along for them - I wanted to make something new so I made 4 different cakes so I didn't have to just make vanilla sponge as usual.


From left: Hummingbird's red velvet with white chocolate swiss merringue buttercream; Primrose bakery's malt sponge with marshmallow icing; Primrose bakery's chocolate sponge with rose swiss merringue buttercream; Hummingbird's peaches and cream cupcake with vanilla swiss merringue buttercream.

The only one I didn't like was the peaches and cream cake as I found the peach just made the case soggy and separated from the sponge leaving a soggy patch behind it!  Only one cake was left at the end of the night and it was one of those!

No comments:

Post a Comment