Originally I made mini cupcakes, but I didn't get a photo of them and I had a LOT of icing left as the 2 kiwis I used meant the icing went very runny so I ended up using half the amount and loading it with icing sugar (rookie error) to give it some strength.
The icing tastes sweet, but with the zing of kiwi as an after taste so its not as bitter as I expected it to be. Mind you, I was fairly liberal with the icing sugar.
|I ate this bit, and then some more, and then a bit more just to check that the rest of the cake tasted as good. It does.|
6oz self-raising flour
1tbsp cocoa powder.
dash of milk
1) Preheat the oven to 180C and prepare two 8-inch baking pans.
2) Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3) Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
4) Sift in the flour and cocoa powder - when measuring the flour, remove 1 tbsp worth and replace with 1 tbsp cocoa powder. Fold gently until just combined.
5) Pour into the prepared tins and bake for 20-25 minutes.
Allow to cool before drowning in icing.
1) Crush the kiwis into the mascarpone and mix through.
2) Add the icing sugar, a small amount at a time, to thicken the mixture up.