13 February 2011

Valentines Victoria Sandwhich Cake

My dad asked me to make a cake for my mum for Valentines day; his criteria were that it was shaped like a heart and had red icing!

I went for a victoria sandwhich recipe as she likes the sponge and filled it with a layer of strawberry jam then vanilla swiss merrignue buttercream and topped it with swiss merringue buttercream with strawberry jam mixed through it which gave it a lovely glossy dark pink colour with flecks of strawberry showing through.



In my head the cake had a light dusting of icing sugar over the top just to finish it off nicely.  In reality I'm awful at dusting anything with anything so theres a blob of icing sugar to one side and a trail of it around the rest of the cake.....worst case scenario, I claim my dad iced it and thats why it looks a bit budget...

No comments:

Post a Comment